The success of this partnership was recognised in 2009 with a NAB Schools First Award of $100,000.
The Smith Family’s Learning for Life Initiative provides:
- Learning for Life Scholarships for students from low-income families
- Literacy support programs including student2student reading program, Let’s Read and Let’s Count
- Parent Engagement programs such as Parent Yarns and Families and Schools Together (FAST)
- Early learning support through the Tata Family Centre – learning based playgroups and parent support
- Music support – Sing n Grow, visiting artists, resources for the school band.