Since 2006 The Smith Family has been working in partnership with Karama School to provide long term educational support for families in need.
The success of this partnership was recognised in 2009 with a NAB Schools First Award of $100,000.
The Smith Family’s Learning for Life Initiative provides:
- Learning for Life Scholarships for students from low-income families
- Literacy support programs including student2student reading program, Let’s Read and Let’s Count
- Parent Engagement programs such as Parent Yarns and Families and Schools Together (FAST)
- Early learning support through the Tata Family Centre – learning based playgroups and parent support
- Music support – Sing n Grow, visiting artists, resources for the school band.